New 1883 trailer makes headlines in Fort Worth this week
Editor’s Note: A lot has happened this week, so here is your chance to catch up. Read on for the most popular headlines of the week. Want a list of the best things to do this weekend? Find it here. Looking for some spectacular Christmas lights in the city? This list is here.
1. Official trailer of Yellowstone spin off 1883 debuts with a killer line about Fort Worth. The official trailer for Yellowstone prequel 1883 abandoned on Friday, December 3 – and it includes a deadly line on Fort Worth. Creator Taylor Sheridan’s Paramount + series, which was filmed in and around Fort Worth last summer, will premiere on December 19. It is billed as one of the liveliest new shows of the year.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 hottest new bars for December. Five new Fort Worth bars opened slowly under our noses. Two are part of new hotels, one doubles as a distillery, the other is a wine retail store, and the newer is a beer garden in a familiar setting. All are worth a visit this month, whether for pre-holiday libations or after a family reunion – or perhaps for a main event in itself.
3. Sample Chicago at Arlington’s pretty restaurant, Dimples’ N Wings. There’s one restaurant in Arlington that brings a little taste of Chicago, although you wouldn’t know it by name. Called Dimples Fries N Wings, it can be found at 5700 S Collins St. # 100 on the corner of Green Oaks Boulevard, right next to a gas station, in what was once a store called Po ‘Boys.
4. 2 Dallas-Fort Worth Highways Crash on New List of America’s Deadliest Roads Several of America’s most obstructed roads crisscross Texas. Now, two major Dallas-Fort Worth highways qualify for another dubious distinction: They are among the top 10 deadliest roads in the country. In a new study of the Austin-based insurance market, The Zebra, Interstate 20 ranks as the nation’s second deadliest road on a per mile basis. I-35 appears at # 5.
5. The Bombshells Military-Themed Breastaurant is opening a new location in Arlington. Houston restaurant chain launches Bombshells on Dallas-Fort Worth: The military-themed Bombshells Restaurant & Bar has opened a restaurant in Arlington, at 701 N. Watson Rd. (Off State Highway 360), in a space which previously housed Red Neck Heaven, and there are two more in the works.